The first in a series of six supply chain seminars, supported by the Ocean Power Innovation Network, was held on July 9th 2020 and focussed on subsea cables and connectors, aiming to integrate cross-sector supply chain capability and innovation into the development of world leading tidal energy projects.
The webinar introduced supply chain companies to the challenges and opportunities within the tidal and offshore energy sectors, with Q&A sessions that gave participants the opportunity to directly engage with leading technology developers and hear about upcoming procurement opportunities and potential R&D collaborations.
- Welcome with introductions to TIGER and OPIN
- Meygen subsea cables: lessons learnt and future arrays (Fraser Johnson, O&M Manager)
- Orbital Marine Power’s O2: supply chain engagement (Mark MacCarthy)
- Sabella subsea assets: lessons learnt and future supply chain engagement (Erwann Nicolas, Engineering Manager)
- Synaptec’s platform for electrical protection: subsea asset management monitoring techniques (Tom Morley, Business Development)