You are invited to join the first in a series of six supply chain seminar events as part of the TIGER project, a €45m project funded by Interreg France (Channel) England via the Zoom meeting platform. The events are hosted by EMEC and facilitated by ORE Catapult.
The first event, supported by the Ocean Power Innovation Network, will focus on subsea cables & connectors, aiming to integrate cross-sector supply chain capability and innovation into the development of world leading tidal energy projects.
- This event will be held on 9th July at 09:30-11:30 BST*
- Sign up to the event here
This event will hear from leading tidal energy deployments with presentations from technology developers at the coal face of industrial innovation.
- TIGER & OPIN introductions
- MeyGen subsea cables: lessons learnt and future arrays – Fraser Johnson, O&M Manager
- Orbital Marine Power’s O2: the most powerful, technologically advanced tidal turbine in the world – Mark MacCarthy
- Sabella subsea assets: what we have learnt and future supply chain requirements – Erwann Nicolas, Engineering Manager
- Synaptec’s platform for electrical protection: subsea asset management – Tom Morley, Business Development
*Please note this live webinar will be recorded and made openly accessible as per Interreg funding requirements.
This event will introduce supply chain companies to the challenges and opportunities within the tidal and offshore energy sectors. Q&A sessions will provide attendees the opportunity to directly engage with leading technology developers and hear about upcoming procurement opportunities and potential R&D collaborations.
Emerging themes for future TIGER supply chain events include:
• Rotor enhancement – design, materials and antifouling
• Mooring, anchoring systems and marine operations
• Site characterisation – is autonomy a cheaper and safer option?
To receive invites to future TIGER events and to be kept up to date on the project, join the TIGER mailing list.
Please contact email@example.com for any event specific queries.
In the UK alone, the tidal industry is predicted to generate £1.4bn and 4,OOO jobs by 2030. Worldwide, the ocean energy industry is predicted to be worth £76 billion by 2050, outstripping growth and export potential in most other sectors.
TIGER aims to drive growth in tidal stream energy by installing up to 8 MW of new tidal capacity at sites in and around the Channel region of France and the UK, driving innovation and the development of new products and services.
The Ocean Power Innovation Network (OPIN) is a 3-year initiative, running from 2019 to 2021. The project has a total project budget of €2.6M, with €1.5M in financial support contributed by Interreg North West Europe from the European Research and Development Fund (ERDF). OPIN is a cross-sectoral collaborative network that aims to accelerate the growth of the ocean energy sector and its supply chains across the partner regions of Ireland, the UK, Belgium, France, the Netherlands and Germany.
To join OPIN please fill out the following Membership Form. OPIN registration is quick, free and gives access to an international network of more than 200 members and activities dedicated to offshore renewable energy.