You are invited to join the third in a series of six supply chain seminar events as part of the TIGER project.
The theme is ‘Growing the supply chain for cost effective reliable composite blades, tooling and sensor design for tidal turbines.’
The webinar will bring together tidal turbine developers, academics and suppliers who are at the forefront of research and industrial innovation in the field of composite technologies for use in harsh salt water environments. The TIGER project is looking to bring cross-sector supply chain capability and innovation into the development of world leading tidal energy projects.
This event will hear about the needs of leading tidal energy deployments and will be followed by a session on emerging technology and supply chain innovations from across different sectors with similar needs.
- The event will be hosted in the framework of SEA TECH WEEK and facilitated by Morbihan Hydro Energie
- To register for the event, please register on link below or sign up here
SESSION 1 – Needs and requirements of the Tidal industry
- TIGER introduction and welcome: Simon Pascoe, Moderator, Morbihan Hydro Energie.
- Sabella: Erwann Nicolas – Emerging needs and requirements for seabed arrays.
- Orbital Marine Power: Finlay Wallace – Sustainable composite blade scale up.
- Minesto: Bernt Erik Westre – Composite needs in glider design
SESSION 2 – Emerging cross sectoral research on composites, certification and low-cost deployment
- The University of Edinburgh | FASTBLADE: Professor Conchúr Ó Brádaigh and Dr. Jeff Steynor Engineering options for new materials technology and accelerated evaluation of tidal turbine blades.
- Ifremer: Peter Davies – Testing composites in harsh saltwater environments.
- National Composites Centre: Phil Slack – Lower cost manufacturing techniques for composites and tooling for the tidal sector.
- Bureau Veritas: Stephane Parboeuf: Updating BV NI603: Validation and certification of emerging composite technologies – with experiences from blade testing in RealTide & MEVEF.
Please contact Simon Pascoe – email@example.com for any event specific queries.
To receive invites to future TIGER events and to be kept up to date on the project, join TIGER mailing list.
SEA TECH WEEK
In addition, you are welcome to click here to register free of charge for the SEA TECH WEEK B2B meeting scheduler to get the most out of the week (that will use the free webinar 1-2-1 platform).
Finally, our partnership with SEA TECH WEEK offers you 35 workshops from 12 to 16th October for special rate €150. Consult the full programme and register here