You are invited to join the fifth in a series of six supply chain seminar events as part of the TIGER project in collaboration with Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series -In partnership Maritime UK SW.
The theme is Reliability & condition monitoring of tidal turbines.
The webinar will raise awareness of reliability and condition monitoring techniques and potential future applications of machine learning. supply chain opportunities for using state of the art test facilities available at OREC for the advancement of tidal stream technology. The aim is to accelerate the expansion and growth of the tidal energy sector, including the wider supply chain.
- The event will be hosted by L'EMEC et facilité par ORE Catapult (OREC)
- To register for the FREE event, please register on link below or sign up ici
- TIGER introduction & overview: Teo van der Kammen, Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult, Technical Manager
- Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult: Hyunjoo Lee, Knowledge lead – Drive Trains
Title: Pitch system health monitoring with machine learning algorithm for offshore wind turbines.
Insight into the working being carried by OREC on pitch system health monitoring with machine learning and discussion on how tidal technology developers can take lessons from wind to accelerate their development.
- SIMEC Atlantis Energy | Meygen Ltd: Fraser Johnson, O&M Manager
Title: Meygen insight tidal stream condition monitoring
The MeyGen tidal array is currently the world’s largest, operating four 1.5MW horizontal axis turbines suppled by Atlantis Operations and Andritz Hydro Hammerfest. To date the array has generated over 33.5GWh and clocked up over 81500 operating hours. The presentation will address some of the early challenges of operating a 1st of class machine and highlight opportunities for supply chain involvement.
- Hydroquest: Mickael Tournabien, Electrical Engineer
Title: Hydroquest tidal turbines – Reliability from design
La première hydrolienne Hydroquest de 1MW a été installée à Paimpol-Bréhat au printemps 2019. La future nouvelle génération de turbines a été améliorée grâce aux apprentissages tirés de la conception et de l'exploitation de ce premier appareil. La présentation mettra en avant les apprentissages de ce premier projet et la fiabilité par la conception de la future génération. Hydroquest invitera les fournisseurs à participer aux discussions concernant l'implication de la chaîne d'approvisionnement.
- Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult: Stephen Robertson, Head of Business Development
Title: Overview of ORE Catapult test facilities for tidal stream technology developers and supply chain
OREC will provide an overview of the suite of test facilities available to both technology developers and their supply chain to support the development and testing of future systems and technologies. TIGER will facilitate the use of these facilities in conjunction with its project partners.
- Q&A session
* Please note this live webinar will be recorded and made openly accessible as per Interreg funding requirements.
To receive invites to future TIGER events and to be kept up to date on the project, join the TIGER mailing list.