The event focused on improvements to reliability modelling for tidal turbines, drawing on numerical and laboratory models, as well as real case studies.
The recording of the webinar can be accessed below and all presentations are available in our resource section.
- MONITOR & TIGER introduction and overview: Michael Togneri, Swansea University and Philipp Thies, University of Exeter
- Summary of VMEA: Alasdair MacLeod, ORE Catapult
- TIGER case study: reliability & failures in tidal stream turbines: Philipp Thies, University of Exeter
- Lab work: measurements of loads and flow conditions: Myriam Slama, Université Le Havre Normandie
- BEMT flow conditions, geometry and load prediction: Iestyn Evans, Swansea University
- TIGER case study: Assessing the environmental impact of tidal turbine blades using CA: Stuart Walker, University of Exeter
- At-sea work: data available, measurement and analysis strategies: André Pacheco, Universidade do Algarve
- Panel discussion: collaboration and research priorities