TIGER Webinar 3: Growing the supply chain for cost effective reliable composite blades, tooling and sensor design for tidal turbines documents
6. Bureau Veritas_TIGER Webinar_Validation & Certification of emerging composite technologies .pdf
4. IFREMER_TIGER webinar_Testing composites in harsh seawater environments, why bother.pdf
5. National Composite Centre_TIGER webinar_Lower cost manufacturing techniques for composites and tooling for Tidal.pdf
1. SABELLA_TIGER webinar_HARNESSING TIDAL STREAM POWER FOR A MORE SUSTAINABLE FUTURE.pdf
2. MINESTO_TIGER webinar_COMPOSITE NEEDS IN GLIDER DESIGN.pdf
3. University of Edinburgh_TIGER Webinar_FASTBLADE Structural Composite research facility.pdf
The third in a series of six supply chain seminar events as part of the TIGER project.
The webinar was held on 13 October 2020 and focused on growing the supply chain for cost effective reliable composite blades, tooling and sensor design for tidal turbines.
This two-hour session brings together tidal turbine developers, academics and suppliers who are at the forefront of research and industrial innovation in the field of composite technologies for use in harsh saltwater environments. The TIGER project is looking to bring cross-sector supply chain capability and innovation into the development of world leading tidal energy projects.
The webinar was hosted by Sea Tech Week and facilitated by Morbihan Hydro Energies.
- Introduction – Simon Pascoe, MHE consultant and moderator
- Sabella Emerging needs and requirements for seabed arrays – Erwann Nicolas, engineering manager
- Minesto Composite needs in glider design: Emerging cross sectoral research on composites, certification and low cost deployment – Bernt Erik Westre, chief technical officer
- University of Edinburgh Fastblade: Engineering options for new materials technology and accelerated evaluation of turbine blades – Professor Conchur Bradaigh & Dr. Jeff Steynor
- Ifremer: Testing composites in harsh saltwater environments – Peter Davies
- National Composite Centre: Lower cost manufacturing techniques for composites and tooling for the tidal sector – Dr. Peter Giddings
- Bureau Veritas: Validation and certification of emerging composite technologies